The 2nd set of this week’s UCL games is set to go down today.
Manchester City will host Sporting Lisbon in a tie that already looks settled in the first leg.
Well, it’s pretty obvious which of these 2 fixtures we will be having a preview on, isn’t it?
With the above settled, let’s proceed, starting with the home team.
UCL (REAL MADRID):
Home Advantage: First stat we will be putting forward in favor of Carlo Ancelotti’s men.
The last 3 visits to Madrid by Paris Saint-Germain have not really been the best.
They’ve only been able to manage a draw in those 3 games, with the remaining 2 ending in losses.
With the above fact, Real Madrid should be able to go into this game with some confidence.
Current Run of Games: Another good point for Carlos Ancelotti’s men, isn’t it?
Les Blancos have earned 2 wins and 1 draw in their last 3 games.
Les Parisiens on the other hand have only managed 1 win in as many games, losing the remaining 2.
Although the atmosphere a team gets when playing in the UCL is extremely different compared to when playing in other competitions, PSG downplaying this fact could be detrimental to them.
With the above points well laid out, let’s now shift our attention to Mauricio Pochettino’s men
UCL (PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN):
Unbeaten Run: A huge one in favor of Les Parisiens.
Although they’ve not defeated Real at home in their last 3 visits to Madrid, they are nevertheless undefeated in the last 3 encounters between both sides.
They’ve won 2 and drawn 1 of the above encounters.
Extending this run to 4 even if it requires playing out a draw won’t be bad, will it?
First Leg Advantage: Another fact in favor of Les Parisiens, derived from the last paragraph above.
PSG are currently ahead in this tie thanks to Kylian Mbappe’s lone goal in the first leg.
With the above, all Mauricio Pochettino’s men need is to get nothing less than a draw.
This shouldn’t be hard for them considering how impressive they can be on a good, should it?
A very dicey 1 here you know.
However, just as in the case with the first leg, I will prefer to.sit on the fence and watch both sides give us an exciting game.
Feel free to let us know your thought in the “Comment Section” below.
- Based on the Blogpost, a draw today would make it _ wins and _ draws for PSG in the last 4 games between both sides.
- Judging from the Blogpost, Real Madrid have managed _ wins and _ draw in their last _ home games against Paris Saint-Germain.
- Who scored the only goal in the first leg encounter between both sides (Full name as used in the Blogpost)?
- 1st Correct answer gets #500 and 500MB(MTN), while 2nd correct answer gets 500MB(MTN).
- All answers should be submitted using the “Comment Section” below.
- Double answers will be treated as void.