It’s match week 35 in the EPL guys, the long journey is gradually coming to an end.
6 games are scheduled to go down today:
- Aston Villa versus Norwich City,
- Southampton versus Crystal Palace,
- Watford versus Burnley,
- Wolverhampton Wanderers versus Brighton and Hove Albion, and
- Leeds United versus Manchester City.
However, it’s today’s opener that looks to be the biggest game of the day as 2 impressive sides take on each other.
Do you agree with me on the above?
Well, if you don’t, let’s take a look at some points concerning both teams, perhaps you will have a rethink.
EPL (NEWCASTLE UNITED)
Current Form: Our 1st point in favor of the home team.
The Magpies are currently on a winning streak of 4 games, scoring 7 goals and conceding just 1 in the process.
Impressive, isn’t it?
You can bet they will be looking to extend this run to 5 wins.
Home Advantage: Here comes a more interesting point.
Do you know Eddie Howe’s men are yet to suffer a “home defeat” in the EPL since the beginning of this year?
Well, they haven’t, of which they are currently on an unbeaten run of 8 matches that includes 6 matches winning streak.
I can feel you reading the above all over again with some amazed facial expressions.
Let me also add that the last time they, Newcastle, got a victory over today’s opponent was on this same turf.
You can bet they will be looking to recreate this moment under their new owners.
And with the above having been said, it will now usher us into points that put this game in favor of the Reds.
Head To Head: Although the Red’s last defeat against the Magpies came on this same turf, it has been a roller-coaster afterward.
They’ve remained unbeaten ever since that defeat, winning 6 and drawing 4 of those encounters.
Massive, isn’t it?
Smiles, I will leave you to answer this.
Current Form: If you think point number 1 is impressive, then brace yourself for this.
Jurgen Klopp’s men are yet to suffer a defeat in their last 14 EPL games, winning 12 and drawing 2 in the process.
Furthermore, they’ve kept a whooping 11 clean sheets in those aforementioned 14 games.
The above means that the Magpies won’t only be worrying about how to survive the Reds’ onslaught, but also how they will get past their almost impenetrable defense.
Time to get your opinions guys
From the above facts before us, placing my money on Liverpool would be a wise decision.
Don’t forget they, Liverpool, have got the motivation of landing a Quadruple as well.
However, Newcastle United’s home form is also very scary. You can bet they could provide a shocker if given the chance.
Let’s get your thoughts and opinions guys, we will love to have them.
- According to this Blogpost, Eddie Howe’s men are yet to suffer a “defeat” since the beginning of this year. True/False.
- Rephrased from the Blogpost: Ever since their last defeat to Newcastle United, Liverpool are unbeaten in the last __ encounters between both sides.
- Judging from this Blogpost, how many EPL points have Liverpool amassed in their last 14 games?
- 1st Correct answer gets #500 and 500MB(MTN), while 2nd correct answer gets 500MB(MTN).
- All answers should be submitted using the “Comment Section” below.
- Double answers will be treated as void.